Help us build our future home
As a registered charity, Chelsea Theatre relies on the invaluable support of people like you to maintain the breadth and quality of everything we do. We need to raise £300k each year to continue our groundbreaking community and education programmes as well as presenting innovative theatre shows and cultural activities for people of all ages and backgrounds.
In 2017, in order to accommodate our increasing number of users (currently around 2000 a week), Chelsea Theatre will undergo a major £1.8 Million Capital Project. This project will radically transform the current building which is outdated, inhospitable and not adapted to the needs of the local community. This project will include:
- Refurbishment and redecoration of the building to have a modern, warm and welcoming space.
- Improved disabled people access to the building, restrooms and to the theatre.
- New baby changing facilities.
- A larger and more functional Café space that will offer healthy food and drinks, and that will be suitable for music concerts, poetry nights and other cabaret style performances.
- A large 200 m2 rehearsal studio on the roof of the current building that will be hired by large dance and theatre companies, thus improving our financial sustainability.
- A new frontage, improving the aesthetic and the visibility of Chelsea Theatre as a beacon in for the local area.
- A more ecological building with new insulation and windows, new warming and air-conditioning system and new LED based lighting system.
- Improvements on the security of the building with new CCTV and alarm system.
- Improvements on the manageability of hires and information about activities by using information screens and modern scheduling and booking computer software.
This necessary capital project will create a state of the art, vibrant and welcoming new community hub that will fit the needs of the local community for the next century and attract people from all over London and beyond. It will dramatically improve education, community cohesion, health awareness and employability, helping to create a brighter future for thousands of people. We cannot do it without you!
The Chelsea Centre Ltd is a registered in England and Wales 3288617. Registered Charity 1060460